The LEGO® Education Coding Express set is ideal for preschool children aged 2-5 y.o., allowing them to develop early coding, social and personal skills through creative and collaborative play. This hands-on learning solution for preschoolers will introduce children to the fascinating world of robotics, coding and science. The set includes 234 LEGO® DUPLO® bricks and other hardware that allow children to explore early coding concepts intuitively. Coding Express from LEGO Education offers an easy out-of-the-box teaching experience with provided video tutorials, getting started materials and a teacher guide.
Key product features and contents
- Includes 234 LEGO® DUPLO® bricks
- Key features include Push & Go train with lights and sounds, a motor, a colour sensor that interacts with 5 coloured action bricks, and 2 railroad switches
- Easy in-the-box getting started materials include: Getting Started activities, an introduction guide, a large poster, and 6 building inspiration cards to build 12 unique models
- The Teacher Guide includes 8 online lessons: 4 lessons for use with the physical set, and 4 lessons for use with the digital app
- 8 short online video tutorials
- Free optional app for iOS and Android app included
- The app includes 4 themed activities: Journeys, Characters, Music and Maths, allowing preschool children to collaborate and interact with the physical toy train through a digital medium
- Face-to-face training is available for an in-depth understanding of successfully implementing the Coding Express teaching solution into your teaching.
Key learning objectives and skills
- Early coding skills
- Conditional coding
- Language and literacy
- Expressing ideas with digital elements
- Easy teaching solution – the set includes free teaching materials, online lessons, getting started materials and video tutorials.
- Develops valuable 21st-century skills – preschool children will learn through play early coding, robotics, mathematics, social and personal skills.
- Free interactive app – access to four areas for preschoolers to explore: Journeys, Characters, Music and Maths.
What learning activities are available through the app?
- Journeys: Tags as destinations – sequencing events and language
- Characters: Tags as emotional reactions – action/reaction and social and emotional development
- Music: Tags as melodies/instruments – exploring, sequencing and looping sound
- Maths: Assigning values for movement – exploring action/reaction SHORT