In this project you will update the Raspbian OS on your Pi by flashing it onto a micro SD card from another computer.
- You should start with a Raspberry Pi connected to mouse, keyboard and monitor, you can learn here how to do it using an Okdo Pi kit
- Flash the Raspbian image to the micro SD card using the USB adaptor included in the Okdo Pi Kit and Etcher:
- In Etcher, select your Raspbian download, select the micro SD card and click Flash!
- Safely eject your flashed SD card
This will erase all data on the SD card. Take care to select the correct destination for the install, Etcher usually detects the SD card by default but check to make sure. Cancel any requests to format the drive on Windows.
- Insert your newly flashed micro SD card into the Raspberry Pi
- Switch it on, wait for it to boot and go through the on-screen prompts to finish the installation