Nibble is a DIY handheld retro games console. It’s a fantastic way for students to learn the basics of STEM while learning about electronics and programming with an emphasis on making the process fun and interesting. Ideal for ages 9+.
Benefits of Nibble: DIY educational games console kit
- Nibble requires no previous knowledge of programming, making it a perfect way to empower students through hands-on STEM experience while having fun
- Students will learn about basic electronic components and their function
- Learn how electronic components can be connected and why
- Learn what microcontrollers are and some of the basics of digital electronics
- Learn hardware skills in soldering
- The ideal entry point into electronics. The perfect project to start learning critical future skills for careers in the engineering world
- Nibble comes preloaded with 4 retro games; Bonk, Invaderz, Snake, and SpaceRocks
- Step-by-step jargon free instructions ensure students will be able to build Nibble with minimal help
- Start playing games the same day it arrives; it’s estimated it takes just 2 hours to build.
- Nibble’s software is fully open-source and available to download
- Further develop coding skills: Once built utilise CircuitBlocks, a code editor designed to make learning embedded programming simple for beginners to code your own games!
- All the tools and batteries required to build Nibble are included in the kit
The kit includes:
Main circuit board
Soldering iron, wire, and stand
Micro USB cable
Bag of small components